Tlicho Logistics (TCL) is 100% Indigenous Owned by Tlicho Investment Corporation (TIC).
We are currently recruiting for the following full-time Northwest Territories based position working a rotational schedule; 12-hour days/nights at the Diavik Diamond Mine Site.
POL WM Technician (Petroleum, Oil and Lube Waste Management Technician)
As part of the overall Health Safety and Environment Operations Team, you will:
- Report to the POL Coordinator, and be able to cover the role when the POL Coordinator is not on site to deal with any issues that arise, keeping safety first.
- Be responsible for all functions of the Incinerator Plant including emergency procedure.
- Be responsible for all functions in the Waste Transfer Facility and procedures.
- Abide by the DDMI Waste Management plan.
- Be involved with lube storage and transfers processes.
- Be knowledgeable with fuel measurement procedures.
- Work in a team based environment keeping safety first in all tasks.
- Have experience or must be able and willing to get trained to operate the 930 Loader, Bus, Bobcat, Vac and Water Truck, Tractor Trailer, Fuel Tanker, ¾ Tonne Flat Deck and Cube Van.
- Lead the Winter Road Project Crew ensuring safety first and products are delivered without incident.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Knowledge in fuel systems, processes and emergency procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills, including basic filing system knowledge and the ability to create and modify simple Microsoft Word and Excel documents, data entry and e-mail applications and as well understand the functions of the Delta V program and the Computrol system.
- Experience working in an isolated northern climate where weather can reach anywhere from 20oc to -50oc and aircraft is your only means of transportation.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to operate the Incinerator Plant, Fuel Farms and Lube Shop.
- The ability to set up pumping systems for product transfers.
- Must prove ability to work in stressful conditions with little or no direct supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (equivalencies will be considered):
- Level 1 Mining Supervisors Certificate.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Must be certified in WHMIS, TDG and understand how to utilize the MSDS Binder.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Please note, successful security and medical clearances are required (confirmed criminal record history, medical and drug & alcohol tests).
The point of pickup (POP) for this role is one of the following locations: Tlicho Communities, Yellowknife, Hay River and Fort Smith therefore only Northwest Territories residents will be considered for this role.
Tlicho Logistics offers a competitive compensation package including benefits for full-time positions.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.