Purpose of the Position
The 16H Grader Operator is responsible for operating in a safe and effective manner. The position is critical to the effective and efficient operations of TCL.
Reporting to the Mine Support Supervisors, the candidate will operate the surface mining 16H Grader; contributing to efficient production and mine site operation.
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the equipment under their control at the mine site.
1. Operate in a safe and effective manner to maximize production and minimize the risk of injury, property damage, or loss of life.
- Operate the 16H Grader safely and efficiently according to relevant legislation, policies, and procedures;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks, identifying any noted deficiencies and advising Supervisor and maintenance of any requirements for maintenance and repairs;
- Keep equipment clean and tidy as required, including removing personal belongings and trash from cab and wiping up spills, etc.;
- Ensure the equipment is safely and securely stored/parked when not in operation;
- Participate in routine maintenance;
- Practice workplace safety.
2. General employment responsibilities.
- Accurate and thorough completion of time sheets as required;
- Accurate and thorough completion of daily equipment check reports for the equipment;
- Participate in company/site safety programs by attending safety meetings and reporting all near misses, incidents, and accidents to the Supervisor in a timely fashion;
- Perform other duties contributing to the team environment as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of equipment safety;
- Knowledge of the NWT Mine Safety Act and Regulations;
- Strong knowledge, skills and ability to operate the 16H Grader in a safe and responsible manner;
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage;
- Knowledge of surface mining techniques and requirements;
- Knowledge of job site traffic flows;
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures;
- Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures;
- Excellent team work skills;
- Ability to work independently and take direction;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Ability to read, write, record, report, and maintain daily records;
- Effective stress and time management skills;
- Ability to demonstrate sound work ethics and professionalism;
- Ability to deal with co-workers, contractors, supervisors, managers, and others with whom the incumbent works with, in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
You must have a Class 5 Driver's license or Higher to be considered for this position and be able to successfully complete and pass a Drug & Alcohol test, a thorough medical evaluation, and a background/criminal record check to be granted site medical/security accesses.
All applicants must submit the following documents **(please upload these documents to the Cover Letter section of the application)**:
- Confirmed Criminal Record History (via clear/negative Criminal Record Check or a Declaration of Criminal Record from your local RCMP detachment) and/or Fingerprint results (must be valid within one year for clearance purposes)
- A copy of a valid government-issued photo ID (front/back)
This position requires an individual with proven ability to work in a cross cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity. The candidate must be open and flexible to perform other duties as required. The ability to speak the Tłı̨chǫ language is considered an asset.