The Whati Motel is a 100% aboriginal owned company by the Tlicho Investment Corporation (TIC). The Motel provides accommodation and meal services. We currently have the following full-time position available.
Reporting to the Community Operations Manager, the Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Whati Motel while ensuring high quality service and financial accountability.
· Oversee all operational aspects of the Whati Motel;
· Represent the company and maintain excellent customer service;
· Ensure motel/kitchen supplies are stocked/available;
· Supervise, train, motivate and evaluate staff (kitchen and housekeeping);
· Ensure company policies and procedures are implemented and followed;
· Take and manage reservations;
· Ensure safety and security of all guests, including ensuring walkways, ramp and exits/emergency exits are clear and accessible;
· Must be willing to fill in when needed in the kitchen and in housekeeping.
· Provide accurate reporting on-time to corporate office;
· Invoicing guests;
· Taking payments;
· Participate in inventory management activities;
· Provide input and recommendations into the annual operational budgets.
· Minimum 3 years of supervisory/management experience, ideally in the hospitality industry;
· High school diploma;
· College diploma or university degree in business management or hospitality related field an asset;
· Ability to speak the Tlicho language an asset;
· Food Safety Certification and WHMIS, or willingness to work towards certification;
· Some travel may be required;
· Good computer skills using Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
This permanent position is based in Whati, NT. If you have these qualifications, and are looking for a rewarding and challenging position, please apply with your cover letter and resume no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 7, 2018.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.