Tlicho Property Management is looking for an experienced, organized, reliable, and dependable General Maintenance worker to join our team located in Behchoko, NT,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tenants move in-move out inspection.
- On-call for tenant related issues.
- Snow clearing as required.
- Fuel delivery as required.
- Coordinating & scheduling of materials as needed (Managers approval required).
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Move necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Clean up worksite debris.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Property Manager.
- Maintain excellent safety standards while ensuring high quality work with efficient completion rates.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance/ carpentry experience an asset.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education.
- Good communication and effective listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and productively.
- Valid NWT Class 5 Drivers Licence.
- Ability to speak/understand the Tlicho language would be considered an asset.
This position requires a person with proven ability to work in a cross cultural, diverse environment demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Tlicho Property Management offers a competitive compensation package including benefits for full-time positions.
Closing Date for Applications: Open until position filled
The Tlicho Investment Corporation & Group of Companies require that all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination status for COVID-19 upon request.